In Car mechanic simulator cars modding can be done through a file cars.txt
cars.text File contents
car_SakuraMoon, Sakura Moon
here the car_SakuraMoon is the name of the car which load the car details from car_SakuraMoon.txt (data file) and load the icon from car_SakuraMoon.jpg(thumbnail) and the in-game name is after comma as Sakura Moon (Car name).
Process to add a new car
- In “Datacars” folder, find the car you want mod.
- Duplicate the two files (image and text document)
- Rename it as your requirement (but Keep ” car_ “, you can modify the image too)
- Open the document text and change the name to the same you renamed the files. (now you can mod every aspect of the car you want, change engine, wheels, height…)
- Now open the ” cars ” file, copy the line of the you duplicate.
- Add the line at the end of the list. Rename the “car_XXXX” like the new you created.
- In file car_newname.txt change the model=car_oldname line to newname.
- And change the name to the one you want in the game.